Welcome to episode 083 of “Connie and Sheila Talk”. Here are today’s show segments:
1) Famous Quotations
2) “The Power of Goals” with very special guest, Dan Miller
3) Heart Topic: Let Your Life Speak?
If you have a question or a comment call 615-592-6361 to leave a voice mail!
Segment 1 Famous Quotations
“People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents.” ~ Dale Carnegie
“Miracles are always possible. The greater danger is not that our hopes are too high and we fail to reach them; it’s that they’re too low and we do.” ~ Michangelo
Segment 2 “The Power of Goals” [download id=”6″]
We are thrilled to have Dan Miller as our guest this week! Dan is the bestselling author of “48 Days to the Work You Love” and “No More Dreaded Mondays”. He is a career coach, talk show host and one of the most down to earth, inspiring individuals we know. Zig Ziglar said this about him: “Dan Miller inspires his readers to a higher calling in their work. With opportunities all around us, no one should be content with simply creating income. ‘No More Dreaded Mondays’ shows you the way to find your unique application.” Dan is also the creator of one of the largest online communities dedicated to helping others create and/or find work they love: www.48days.net
“The Power of Goals” by Dan Miller, was recently added to this website. It is a free download and offers a step by step on how to create your goals via 7 categories. Today, Dan discusses why goal setting is so valuable and important for all of us! He encourages us to ask ourselves, “What will my life be?” He says 85% of the answer comes from looking inward and the other 15% is just application.
Segment 3 Heart Topic: Let Your Life Speak
We continue our conversation with Dan as we discuss Chapter 2 from his book, “No More Dreaded Mondays”.
The title of the chapter is Let Your Life Speak and here is a passage: “I believe everyone of us has a unique calling. It’s certainly not something reserved for the chosen few who end up as pastors, priests or monks. We all fulfill that calling by being excellent as we express our talents and abilities, and our dreams and passions.” In addition, Dan speaks to personal authenticity and its importance to our lives.
Our question this week is: What are your 2012 goals? In Dan Miller’s packet: The Power of Goals, he writes: “There is considerable evidence to indicate that expectations of your future do, in fact, tend to create your future. People usually end up pretty much where they expect.” If you want to use THE POWER OF GOALS WORKSHEETS by Dan Miller, click on this link. Scroll down to the 4th box under the video box and download the pdf file called 2012 Goals Worksheet.
Until next week, Peace!
Connie and Sheila
To read Dan’s Blog: CLICK HERE. His wife Joanne Miller will be his first guest blog post this Wednesday. To listen to Dan’s podcast CLICK HERE. To visit the 48 Days Community website: CLICK HERE to be redirected to 48 Days.net
If you want to buy any of Dan’s books, please use our affiliate link under the AFFILIATE BANNER on the right hand side of our website. We have added a link to Amazon if you’d rather order from there. But we appreciate the commission 48 Days pays us if you go through our link. We also added a link for the book by Donald Miller that Dan mentioned in this show.
[amazon_enhanced asin=”0805431888″ container=”” container_class=”” price=”Hide” background_color=”FFFFFF” link_color=”000000″ text_color=”0000FF” /] [amazon_enhanced asin=”B004SBF3SG” container=”” container_class=”” price=”Hide” background_color=”FFFFFF” link_color=”000000″ text_color=”0000FF” /] [amazon_enhanced asin=”B0047GNCWQ” container=”” container_class=”” price=”Hide” background_color=”FFFFFF” link_color=”000000″ text_color=”0000FF” /] [amazon_enhanced asin=”0385513518″ container=”” container_class=”” price=”Hide” background_color=”FFFFFF” link_color=”000000″ text_color=”0000FF” /]